The period 3 to 6 months before a couple tries to conceive is the perfect opportunity to realign and balance your body to a state of optimal health for natural fertility. The work during this period can be considered a fertility boot-camp whereby the objective is to reset the body and create a healthy baseline. Whether the goal is natural fertility or fertility through Artificial Reproductive Therapies (ART) such as: IVF or IUI procedures this pre-conception work is beneficial for successful fertility outcomes.
Why start early?
It is best to begin pre-conception treatment 3- 4 months prior to beginning natural fertility planning or ART procedures to ensure the best results by improving:
- Egg quality and mitochondria (energy) production of all reproductive cells
- Sperm analysis – it takes 100 days to improve parameters (motility, morphology, count and concentration)
- Follicle health – it takes 120 days for full development of a follicle
- Luteal phase of cycle, which supports developing and growing embryo
Many couples are eager to begin an IVF cycle or begin naturally trying to conceive, however spending 3 months before in order to optimize your health will increase rate of success and lead to healthier pregnancy outcomes.
Please visit Fertility Care for more information on how Naturopathic Medicine can improve your fertility!
Naturopathic doctors can support women through all stages and trimesters of pregnancy by:
- Recommending safe and appropriate supplements to take during pregnancy
- Supporting women through the common pregnancy related conditions such as: morning sickness, fatigue, high blood pressure, digestive disturbances, heartburn, constipation, sciatica, labour preparation, turning a breech baby, bringing on labour when past your due date.
- Answering all questions and helping couples make certain decisions that may arise in pregnancy such as: prenatal testing, childbirth intervention and post-natal care. Together we will review the most recent literature to make the most informed choices
- Naturopathic Doula Services are available for couples seeking additional support during labour
After the baby's arrival, I offer support for both mom and baby in many areas including:
- Counseling on the important dietary requirements and supplements for post-partum
- Improving energy levels
- Breast feeding
- Postpartum depression or anxiety
- Sleep issues for mom and baby
- Returning to a healthy weight (loosing baby weight)
- Hormonal balancing
This post-partum period is an important phase for restoring energy and rebuilding your foundational pillars of health. Naturopathic medicine can help you re-vitalize and get back to the healthy person that you are!